Sunday, September 24, 2017

A Crowd

Today I'm finishing this set from the Kontinuum multimedia show that occupied a future LRT station here in Ottawa beneath the core this summer.


After leaving the station platforms, a wall was the final stop of the exhibit. Taking the card you scanned of yourself at the beginning of the exhibition, you scanned the barcode into readers at the base. Your digital counterpart would appear on the wall above in a flourish of colours and lights. This includes yours truly, looking the part of Yul Brynner. 


This last shot of me is from another visit, when I decided to go with that song suggestion and wear sunglasses at night. Yes, for the record, any attempt at a smile from me automatically defaults to a smirk.

25 comments:

  1. Very cool portraits though I think Yul Brynner was known to occasionally smile. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea with digital portraits. You are in matrix :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know I"m not the only one with what I call a "Mona Lisa" syndrome. My smiles don't quite look like smiles, either.
    Happy Sunday,

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, the last one of you and the sunglasses is neat. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kay: on rare occasions!

    @Klara: definitely the Matrix!

    @Andy: it is!

    @Tom: I agree.

    @Janis: it's a quirk to me too.

    @Eileen: thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be a lot of fun. It's an ending that you will remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A spectacular event, William. Neat to have your own photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Red: it was quite an event to take in this summer.

    @Sharon: it certainly was.

    @RedPat: very far out!

    @Marleen: it is indeed.

    @Lowell: a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great ending and I love that smirk, very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool. glad to be back in the internet world ... we visit Ontario (Niagara) Canada ... gorgeous camping. so fun!! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like scenes from an old Star Trek episode.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great and it was so neat to see you in that last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super fun way to conclude the event William, slightly surreal self images 😀

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a lot of fun. Great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  15. Must be wonderful to live in THIS century - unlike south of your border

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha Ha! These are kinda creepy! Everyone looks slightly ghost like and unsure of themselves in the afterlife ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Linda: thanks!

    @Bill: that's definitely me!

    @Beth: good to see you back.

    @Revrunner: beam me up, Scotty!

    @Denise: I figured that one would get responses!

    @Francisco: thank you!

    @Grace: I loved attending these events.

    @Maywyn: thanks!

    @Cloudia: indeed!

    @Norma: thank you!

    @Wendy: I agree!

    ReplyDelete